[GE users] NEEDING HELP IN ADMINISTRATING SGE6.1

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jul 24 11:26:20 BST 2007

Nourhéne Alaya wrote:
> Since the jobs coudn't be affected to any queue, I suppose that the
> problem is one of these two possibilities:
>
>     * either the demons of different hosts cannot communicate
>     * or there is a probleme in the queue configuration because jobs
>       cannot be affected to any queue

Do you have the $SGE_ROOT directory mounted on all the exec hosts?
By that I mean that the usual way to organise things is to export the
$SGE_ROOT as an NFS share.
If you log into any one of the compute nodes and cd to the $SGE_ROOT
directory do you see anything?
Specifically, on hostname:
cd $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/hostname