[GE users] Setting Parallel Environment

Chandran, Sathish Sathish.Chandran at Honeywell.com
Wed Jul 25 07:18:02 BST 2007

Due to license problem, we use parallel application environment in current working, (share memory method). The share memory method need run job in only one node machine with multi-cpu, but my "parallel environment " is set for distribution case, so in such situation if each node leaves only 1 cpu, the "parallel environment" will assign the job (for example we request 3 cpus) to multi-nodes. As this totally violates the concept.

So please help me in modifying the "parallel environment" to achieve following function:

(1) Any job submitted with "parallel environment" should be assigned and run in only one single-node, and the used slots (and other resources) can be managed/displayed correctly by server for sequential job schedule.

(2) If no adequate CPU number (or slots) in anyone single node, then the job should be pending but not be assigned to more than one single-node.

Thanks,
Sathish.C