[GE users] HPC Blog Aggregation

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jul 25 15:10:24 BST 2007

Am 25.07.2007 um 14:34 schrieb Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM:

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Rayson Ho wrote:
>
>> Nice!!
>>
>> I hope to write something on Cadence/SGE integration for my next
>> article:
>>
>> "Distributed jobs in Analog Design Environment using Sun Grid Engine"
>>
>> Basically, it will be a cleanup of:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.cad.cadence/browse_thread/
>> thread/9362860f6486bafe/40efb2d2bbc2947f#40efb2d2bbc2947f
>>
>> Rayson
>
> Sounds promising!
>
> Have you noted
>
>   http://open.rsp.com.au/?page_id=11
>
> it describes a feature enhancement Rising Sun Pictures is planning
> to work on.

Looks interesting - more complex dependences are a still missing
feature in SGE. But I wonder, whether it wouldn't be more straight
forward to implement dependences in general as it seems to be present
in Condor (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/
v6.9/2_11DAGMan_Applications.html), with array jobs just being a
special case of it. Hence giving one option "qsub -job
<job_control_file>" and all job details for the to be used scripts
and dependencies are described in the job_control_file (and
additional options from the original qsub command line may be used in
addition then for each submitted job).

Putting it all in the command line with "-hold_jid_ad" doesn't look
expandable for the general case in the future.