[GE users] gridengine 6.1 ssh integration

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jul 25 17:55:37 BST 2007

Nick Gresham wrote:

> Disregarding the annoyance of the warning one could envisage known_hosts
> eventually becoming 'unfeasably large' if one were to qrsh thousands
> of jobs. (Some of my users are in the habit of doing this).

known_hosts would only grow as large as the amount of hosts that you
have.  OK, Manchester Computer Centre is big - but know_hosts will be
limited to the size of your cluster.

You could switch off StrictHostKeyChecking for a short while and run a
loop to ssh into every machine. This creates a known_hosts file.
You could use this as a basis for users known_hosts files.