[GE users] migrating service to the shadow master host

Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 25 18:29:25 BST 2007

John,
thanks for your suggestion.   I did it whit the same results.   It is
supposed a lock file must be created on the spool directory, right?
Both, master and shadow hosts can read/write into the NFS filesystem
which is in charge of /usr/sge but the lock file can't be written by the
master when migrating the service.  It could be permissions?   The
sgemaster is owned by root (it must be) on /usr/init.d/sgemaster and the
NFS partition is owned by sgeadmin.
- Hugo

John Hearns wrote:
> Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora wrote:
>>

>> having the same result.  On the server side, we have
>>
>>     */usr/sge 192.168.4.0/255.255.252.0(rw,async,no_root_squash)*
>
> Maybe the "async" mount option?

Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora
System Administrator
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA
635 Charles E. Young Drive South, Suite 225
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7332
Tel: 310.267.5076
Fax: 310.206.5518
hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
--

"Si seus esfor?os, foram vistos com indefren?a, não desanime,
que o sol faze un espectacolo maravilhoso todas as manhãs