[GE users] migrating service to the shadow master host

Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 25 18:51:19 BST 2007

Rayson,
thanks for your suggestion.  I did it and I have clear the problem is the lock file is not created

	       lock_file_read_retries=10
	       lock_file_read_count=0
	       lock_file_found=0
	       while [ $lock_file_read_count -lt $lock_file_read_retries ]; do
	          if [ -f $qmaster_spool_dir/lock ]; then
	             lock_file_found=1
	             break
	          fi
	          sleep 3
	          lock_file_read_count=`expr $lock_file_read_count + 1`
	       done

	       if [ $lock_file_found -eq 0 ]; then
	       #  old qmaster did not write lock file
	          echo "   old qmaster did not write lock file. Cannot migrate qmaster."
	          echo "   Please verify that qmaster on host $actual_qmaster_host is down"
	          echo "   and make sure that the lock file in qmaster spool directory is"
	          echo "   read-able."
	          exit 1
	       fi

There is something preventing the creation of the lock file on the qmaster spool directory, but what???? :-(
- Hugo

Rayson Ho wrote:

	sgemaster is a Bourne shell script. You can do a little debugging
	yourself if you add some debug "echo"s in the script -- search for
	"old qmaster did not write lock file".

	Rayson