[GE users] migrating service to the shadow master host

Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 25 21:14:48 BST 2007

Ok, now I have the lock file on the spool directory and the services are shutting down when migrating from the shadow server but no sge_master and sge_schedd are running on the shadow host or the master host.
WHat I did was to disable the iptables in the way the ports 6444 and 6445 were blocked.  Now I think I have a different problem.  Any ideas?
- Hugo

	master host:
	rmn1.data> ps -efl | grep sge
	1 S sgeadmin  4511     1  0  77   0 - 14117 -      13:02 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sge/bin/lx24-amd64/sge_shadowd

	shadow host:
	rmn2.data> ps -efl | grep sge
	1 S sgeadmin  4718     1  0  77   0 - 14111 -      13:03 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sge/bin/lx24-amd64/sge_shadowd

	rmn2.data> cat $SGE_ROOT/cell/common/act_qmaster
	cerebro-rmn1.data
	rmn2.data> cat $SGE_ROOT/cell/common/shadow_masters
	cerebro-rmn2.data
	<hdezmora at cerebro-rm

Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora wrote:

	Nope.   It must be on $SGE_ROOT/cell/spool/qmaster, right?  Anyways, no lock file on the entire $SGE_ROOT directory.
	- Hugo

	Rayson Ho wrote:

		The qmaster lock file should be created when the qmaster starts up. If
		you restart the qmaster, can you see the lock file??

		Rayson