[GE users] qstat doesn't show job info when run as root?

David Olbersen dolbersen at nextwave.com
Wed Jul 25 23:59:49 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 18:50 -0400, chris.harwell at novartis.com wrote:
> If sge version = 6.1, maybe try qstat -u '*' ?

Well, that works, but it seems odd that root would have to use *extra*
options to see everything. Traditionally root sees all, right?

Since this is in a lab environment I can experiment. If anybody's got
ideas I'm alle ears.

Looking at the production environment (SGE 6.0u8) I see that qstat -f
gives the same output when I run it as root and as a normal user. I must
have broken something, but I can't figure out what.

--
David Olbersen <dolbersen at nextwave.com>