[GE users] DBWriter dies nightly

Pat Cable cable at ll.mit.edu
Thu Jul 26 14:23:25 BST 2007

I like DBWriter, however I haven't been able to get it to work for more
than a night. I get this out of dbwriter.log:

25/07/2007
12:07:51|grid64|bwriter.ReportingException.log|E|Database.closeFailed

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.ReportingException: Database.closeFailed

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.db.Database.createSQLError(Database.java:342)

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.db.Database.executeQuery(Database.java:503)

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.db.DatabaseObjectManager.executeQuery(DatabaseObjectManager.java:210)

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.ReportingValueManager.getLastEntryTime(ReportingValueManager.java:104)

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.ReportingStatisticManager.getNextCalculation(ReportingStatisticManager.java:127)

com.sun.grid.reporting.dbwriter.ReportingDBWriter$StatisticThread.run(ReportingDBWriter.java:700)
                              Caused by
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error has occured while
flushing the output - Exception: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Stack Trace:
   <<tons of stuff here I'll send if necessary>>

Even if the database goes away, isn't the whole idea of DBWriter to stay
alive while the DB is down and write stuff later? Anyone else having
this problem?

--
// Patrick Cable II
// LLCAD System Administrator Co-Op