[GE users] ARCo postgres database growth

Jana Olivova Jana.Olivova at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 26 14:36:29 BST 2007

The growth is normal, there is large amount of data being generated. it also depends what report_variables have you configured to be reported. In qconf -me global

There are default delete rules that are configured in $SGE_ROOT/dbwriter/database/<db_name>/dbwriter.xml

You can change the frequency of the deletes and other subscope attributes to tailor it to your needs to delete exactly what you need and how often.

You can learn more on configuring the delete rules in the Administration Guide.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-5677/6ml49n2c4?l=en&a=view&q=Arco

Refer to section Deleting Outdated Records.

Regards,

Jana Olivova

Michael Phillips wrote:

	The number of jobs that we are running is about 10,000 per week