[GE users] help with build framework

Dave Love david.love at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 16:38:55 BST 2007

    [ The following text is in the "euc-jp" character set. ]

Can someone explain how something gets set up in the build framework?
I've spent some time trying to track this down without success...

I'm trying to build on GNU/Linux (both Fedora and Debian) from CVS
source (following the instructions) and it fails with obscure errors
like this:

In file included from /usr/include/_G_config.h:44,
                 from /usr/include/libio.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/stdio.h:72,
                 from ../libs/sgeobj/config.c:33:
/usr/include/gconv.h:72: error: expected declaration specifiers or ?...? before ?size_t?
/usr/include/gconv.h:88: error: expected declaration specifiers or ?...? before ?size_t?
/usr/include/gconv.h:97: error: expected declaration specifiers or ?...? before ?size_t?
/usr/include/gconv.h:174: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ?size_t?

because the compilation line contains `-I/usr/include -I/usr/include/linux'.
I guess the /usr/include is harmless (though probably shouldn't be
there), but the /usr/include/linux is definitely wrong.  I can't see
where it gets added to the compilation flags amongst assorted makefile
fragments and bits of script.

Any suggestion where to look?