[GE users] Enforcing memory allocation/request and SLURM Question

Aaron Knister aaron at iges.org
Fri Jul 27 18:09:45 BST 2007

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to emulate PBS/Torque's "-l mem=XXGB" function in the grid engine. I want the amount of memory a user requests to be enforced. I also cannot figure out how to enforce this on parallel tasks. Unfortunately if I can't figure this out I'm going to end up switching to Torque/Maui which I'd rather not do because I very much like SGE.

I also very much like the way SLURM does things (specifically spwaning parallel tasks) and was wondering if there was a way to integrate this with SGE.

Thanks in advance.

-Aaron

Aaron Knister
Systems Administrator/
Center for Research on Environment and Water

(301) 595-7001
aaron at iges.org