[GE users] rcmd: socket permission denied using openmpi

Lydia Heck lydia.heck at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 18:29:42 BST 2007

Using openmpi - and currently I am still using rsh - rather than ssh
I can run an openmpi on Solaris 10 sparc interactively without a problem, but as
soon as I submit it using sge it fails with

 rcmd: socket permission

rsh and rlogin have the permission

rws--x--x in /opt/SUNWsge/utilbin/sol-sparc64
I have set
MPI_MCA_pls_rsh_agent=/usr/bin/rsh

and this setup works without problem on Solaris10 x86, same version of sge (6.1)
and same version of openmpi.

Any suggestions?

Lydia

Dr E L  Heck