[GE users] Enforcing memory allocation/request and SLURM Question

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:59:46 BST 2007

On 7/27/07, Aaron Knister <aaron at iges.org> wrote:
> For the life of me I cannot figure out how to emulate PBS/Torque's "-l
> mem=XXGB" function in the grid engine. I want the amount of memory a user
> requests to be enforced. I also cannot figure out how to enforce this on
> parallel tasks. Unfortunately if I can't figure this out I'm going to end up
> switching to Torque/Maui which I'd rather not do because I very much like
> SGE.

GE also has the "-l" switch for qsub. Should be similar to:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=5824

> I also very much like the way SLURM does things (specifically spwaning
> parallel tasks) and was wondering if there was a way to integrate this with
> SGE.

How exactly are they doing it now??

Several years ago, someone from Linux NetworX asked me how to port
mpiexec to a new DRM, and I told them to implement the TM (Task
Management) API. Last time I checked, they were not using mpiexec to
spwan parallel tasks...

Rayson