[GE users] submit of pseudo tty jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jul 30 12:12:58 BST 2007

Am 30.07.2007 um 08:55 schrieb Oded Haim-Langford:

> Is there a way in SGE to submit jobs via qsub and view their stdout/
> stderr in the terminal they were sent from?
>
> There?s no mention of this in the Admin guide nor on the Web. I
> appreciate any help in this matter.
after the job started, you can use a:

tail -f <jobname>.o<jobid>

to watch the standard output (and/or join it with the standard error
output with qsub -j), if you are writing these files to a shared
directory. But be aware, there there may be a delay because of
buffers in NFS, which get flushed only from time to time.