[GE users] first question - mail notification

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Tue Jul 31 15:26:05 BST 2007

Hi, (to all thanks for your answers)

Thanks, with the following command I changed the global config of the mailer section:
 /usr/local/sge/sge-root/bin/lx24-x86/qconf -mconf

The mailer section now look like this
 mailer                       /usr/sbin/sendmail

But it still does not work, since in all log files I get :
 07/31/2007 09:55:31|execd|TORQUE1|C|exec of mailer "/bin/mail" failed

So this mean that the local config is overwriting the global config. So looking in those files :
 /usr/local/sge/sge-root/default/common/local_conf/*.*

There is this :
 # Version: 6.0u11
 #
 # DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE MANUALLY!
 #
 conf_version              0
 mailer                    /bin/mail
 [...]

It would seems that this overwrite the global config. If I can't edit this file manually, how can I? Or, I am on the good track here?

Thanks.

Alexandre Racine
Projets spéciaux