[GE users] first question - mail notification

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Tue Jul 31 19:26:21 BST 2007

Thanks Dave,

That mailx is really neat!

Since ssmtp does not work with SGE.

Alexandre Racine
Projets spéciaux

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Love [mailto:david.love at manchester.ac.uk]
Sent: Tue 2007-07-31 12:49
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] first question - mail notification

"Alexandre Racine" <Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org> writes:

> If I do :
>  /usr/sbin/ssmtp -s subject myemail at domain.com
>
> with a message and send it, that works. I receive the mail. So this
> is not the part not working.

Yes, I was just pointing out that calling the user agent `sendmail' is
likely to be a source of confusion, especially as `ssmtp' is usually a
sendmail substitute, not a /bin/mail substitute...

[By the way, the POSIX name of the basic mail user agent is `mailx',
so /usr/bin/mailx might be a better default for the mailer.]

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]