[GE users] Jobs can not run because queue instance is not contained in its hard queue list

FL lengyel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 00:22:29 BST 2007

I've added 64 bit nodes to a cluster running SGE 6.0u10.
I have a queue for 64 bit nodes called x86_64.q which was
cloned from another queue, where I have no trouble submitting jobs.

My trouble is that trivial scripts such as

#!/bin/bash
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -q x86_64.q
hostname

don't run, and it's not obvious why not.

The error message is:
Jobs can not run because queue instance is not contained in its hard queue
list

I don't see why this should be so. I cloned the queue from one that had no
problem--the only
difference is in the hostlist.

Thanks,