[GE users] Jobs can not run because queue instance is not contained in its hard queue list

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jun 1 10:33:54 BST 2007

Am 01.06.2007 um 01:22 schrieb FL:

> I've added 64 bit nodes to a cluster running SGE 6.0u10.
> I have a queue for 64 bit nodes called x86_64.q which was
> cloned from another queue, where I have no trouble submitting jobs.
>
> My trouble is that trivial scripts such as
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #$ -S /bin/bash
> #$ -q x86_64.q
> hostname
>
> don't run, and it's not obvious why not.
>
> The error message is:
> Jobs can not run because queue instance is not contained in its
> hard queue list

What is the output of "	qstat -j <jobid>" for this job, in detail the
hard queue list there?

> I don't see why this should be so. I cloned the queue from one that
> had no problem--the only
> difference is in the hostlist.

It might be a matter of personal taste, but why did you create an
identical queue for just another platform, which is in some way a
Torque setup. You can have all machines in one queue and select the
architecture if necessary with "-l arch=lx24-amd64" as resource
request. This would even allow to run programs, when you don't care
where it's running by having 32- and 64-bit versions of a program in
a similar directory structure:

/opt/lx24-amd64/myprog
/opt/lx24-x86/myprog

and in the job script you run:

/opt/$ARC/myprog

But back to your question: you checked with "qstat -f" the existence
of the queue instances, and also "qhost" shows the new hosts as
available?