[GE users] Jobs can not run because queue instance is not contained in its hard queue list

FL lengyel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:00:20 BST 2007

Without analyzing the problem further, I reinstalled the sge qmaster
and rebuilt the queues from scratch. For some reason the in place
upgrade from 6.0u7 to 6.0u10 wasn't so smooth.  My jobs were
able to run after rebuilding (most) of what I had,

I've been using host groups to control which usersets have
access to various machines. but those usersets and hostgroups
have to be attached to the configuration of a queue. Some
users get access to everything, some don't.

@all.q still exists, but is accessible only to deadlineusers.
It would be nice to write  /opt/$arch/prog
but the users who want 64 bit systems aren't indifferent
to $arch. Possibly the users who run on P3's or P4's wou;d
be indifferent.Since I'm redoing things,  I should  implement
your suggestion; I have
users who would really need  64 bits systems but
would put up with with p4s if no 64 bit systems were available.