[GE users] Configuration of the exit of stdout/stderr

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Jun 2 07:22:55 BST 2007

Am 01.06.2007 um 16:53 schrieb Esteban Freire Garcia:

> Hi Reuti,
>
>     I?m Sorry to take so much in answering you, but I was doing
> tests with
> the epilog. I take a time in realizing that the script was not working
> because not it catch of the main node but rather it catch of the
> node in the
> one the job is executed, and therefore in the execution node the
> epilog
> script must be in the route that we configure in the qconf -mconf.
> Once I
> have this solved, the script continues without working (it?s to
> say, it
> continues without copy the files .e and .o), and this is because the
> variables as $fs_stdout_host..that catches the script for know the
> routes of
> the files .e and .o are empty. I was looking in google and I found
> "File
> staging is currently implemented  only  via  the  DRMAA interface",
> so my
> question is, Are there any form that these variables work with a
> normal
> qsub?, for examples, adding some parameter to qsub. That would be
> great!!

The names of the .o/.e files are always known in the epilog as (even
without DRMAA):

$SGE_STDOUT_PATH
$SGE_STDERR_PATH

which are actually file names, and not path names. Maybe this could
already be used to copy these files from the local (node) directory
with scp/rcp to the head node of the cluster...

scp $SGE_STDOUT_PATH master:

or whatever you call it.