[GE users] RR Oddity

Sat Jun 2 20:26:15 BST 2007

I have the following script:

---

#!/bin/sh
#$ -S /bin/sh

. $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/settings.sh

if [ "$JOB_ID" != "" ]; then
   sleep 5
fi

qsub -cwd -o `pwd`/dfs.out -j y `pwd`/dfs.sh

---

which I run four times.  I have one queue on one host with four slots.
The dfs.sh script keeps all four slots full.  I have max_reservations
set to 10.

On 6.0u10, I run dfs.sh four times, and then I run qsub -p 1024 -R y -pe
make 4 $SGE_ROOT/examples/jobs/sleeper.sh.  The PE job gathers resources
and eventually runs.  As expected.

On 6.1, I run dfs.sh four times, and then I run qsub -p 1024 -R y -pe
make 4 $SGE_ROOT/examples/jobs/sleeper.sh. The PE job stays queued and
waiting.  It does not gather resources.  Until I submit a second PE job
with -R y.  Then they both gather resources and run normally, one after
the other.  Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

Daniel