[GE users] sge -updatedb cannot execute in 6.1

Kazuhiro Ohi ohi at hgc.jp
Mon Jun 4 11:28:26 BST 2007

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-2022-JP" character set. ]

Marco

Thank you for replying.

I tried update several times according to your instruction.

The jobs which dispatched before updates were killed
after update operation.

How do i update to 6.1 without job killing
I would like to make job live

Sincerely
K.O

On 2007/05/16, at 16:16, Marco Donauer wrote:

> [...]
> Tutorial: How to perform an upgrade to new N1GE 6.1
>
> Upgrade to 6.1 are only possible from 6.0u2 or higher.
> Upgrades from Version 5.3 or Version 6.0/6.0u1 are not supported
> anymore.
> If you are still running 5.3 or 6.0/6.0u1 Versions, it is recommend
> to upgrade
> to 6.0u10 and then to 6.1.
>
> There are 2 upgrade scenarios.
>
> 1. Upgradeing to 6.1 using classic/berkeley db spooling
> 2. Upgradeing to 6.1 using BDB server spooling.
>
> Due to an issue in Berkeley DB Server, it was not possible to run a
> 64 bit BDB server
> on 64 bit hosts. The 6.0ux Version used a 32bit BDB Server for
> spooling.
> This needs an additional step in the upgrade procedure, which will
> be described later.
>
> 1. Steps for upgrading from 6.0u2 or higher to 6.1 using classic/
> berkeley db spooling
>
>    - do a complete backup of your cluster.
>      (see. Admin Guide for further info, backup)
>    - shutdown the cluster using the command: qconf -ke all -ks -km
>    - extract the new binaries to SGE_ROOT, exchange the old with
> new one
>    - execute ./inst_sge -upd, and follow the instructions. This
> update will
>      recreate the rc-files and settings files.
>    - restart the cluster, by using the sgemaster and sgeexecd rc files
>    - upgrade will be complete now
>

> 2. Steps for upgrading from 6.0u2 or higher to 6.1 using berkeley
> db server.
>
>    Attention:(This is onlay necessary, if you Berkeley DB Server
> host is a
> sol-sparc64 machine). For 64 bit Solaris a 64 bit Berkeley DB
> Server was not
> available. The 32 bit Server was used in stead. For doing a backup
> or a
> restore the 32 bit db_dump and db_load binaries are recommended.
> The solaris 32 bit packages have to be installed also. For all
> patch-levels
> less then or equal to u9 you may easily use the ./inst_sge -bup
> command for doing a backup.
> Due to an issue in u10, the backup will still look for the
> libdb-4.2.so file, which
> is not available. This leads to an backup failure. The workaroun,d
> making the backup work is the following
> command: touch $SGE_ROOT/lib/sol-sparc/libdb-4.2.so
> The backup will work now.
>
>    - do a complete backup of your cluster.
>      (see. Admin Guide for further info, backup)
>    - shutdown the cluster using the command: qconf -ke all -ks -km
>    - shutdown the BDB Server, using the sgebdb stop script
>    - extract the new binaries to SGE_ROOT, exchange the old with
> new one
>    - do a restore (see: Admin Guide for restoring cluster
> configuration)
>    - execute ./inst_sge -upd, and follow the instructions. This
> update will
>      recreate the rc-files and settings files.
>    - restart BDB Server, Qmaster and Execd's

        ???
     ?????

E-mail  ohi at hgc.jp
TEL   03-5449-5620