[GE users] 64 bit and 32 bit mix

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Tue Jun 5 17:35:24 BST 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Harkins, Bryan [NCSUS] wrote:

> We have a cluster that's comprised of machines running 32-bit RHEL 4.
> Does anyone see any major problems with adding a node that that is
> running 64-bit RHEL 3?

We uses Debian a mix of Debian Sarge x86 and Debian Etch x86_64.

32bit projects run like a charm on Etch x86_64 and have 4G memory space...

We are currently moving all 32bits servers to 64bits (some projects needs
more than 3/4g of memory).

Adding a x86_64 node works like a charm if you have 32bits compat libs for
your projects. Or if you'd like to test, you can add then in a sperate
project or queue before adding then to all queues.

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - http://oav.net/
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq'|dc