[GE users] 64 bit and 32 bit mix

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Tue Jun 5 18:30:36 BST 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 12:38, Harkins, Bryan [NCSUS] wrote:
> We have a cluster that's comprised of machines running 32-bit RHEL 4. Does
> anyone see any major problems with adding a node that that is running
> 64-bit RHEL 3?

	We have a mix of 32 and 64 bit systems on our grid.  Apart from the issues
Xavier mentioned like having the 32 bit compatible libraries installed, the
only problem we've run into is related to any in-house .so's that we've
compiled.  Have to do some fancy footwork with paths and envars if you have
those being sourced from a common location.  Assuming you're just running
apps local to each system, you should be fine though.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada
The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper
		-- Thomas Jefferson