[GE users] 64 bit and 32 bit mix

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jun 6 09:18:18 BST 2007

John Coldrick wrote:

> 	We have a mix of 32 and 64 bit systems on our grid.  Apart from the issues
> Xavier mentioned like having the 32 bit compatible libraries installed, the
> only problem we've run into is related to any in-house .so's that we've
> compiled.  Have to do some fancy footwork with paths and envars if you have
> those being sourced from a common location.
Yes indeed.
Or, you could try to concentrate everything into /usr/local
and have two separate mounts for /usr/local (ie a 32 bit and a 64 bit on
the head node)  and mount the appropriate one. Or even have two separate
  head nodes, one 32 bit and one 64, both of which act as submission hosts.

In either of the above cases, just mount $SGE_ROOT from the SGE master
node as usual.

--
      John Hearns
      Senior HPC Engineer