[GE users] Default queues

Fred Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 12:30:42 BST 2007

Colin Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We have a number of queues set up, for what we define as batch (where a
> whole cpu is designated to a job) and interactive (where multiple jobs
> "share a cpu").

If by batch vs interactive you mean using qsub vs qrsh/qlogin, then you
can set the qtype in the queue definitions (see qconf and queue_conf man
pages) to BATCH and INTERACTIVE (but not together) and qsub/qrsh will
take care of the rest.

If you have multiple queues of each BATCH and/or INTERACTIVE types, then
follow the advice in the earlier emails.

HTH

Cheers
f.