[GE users] Default queues

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Wed Jun 6 12:36:47 BST 2007

Hi All,

I have just edited the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sge_request to specify
a default queue (actually one that does not exist)

.
.
.
#
# Sample #3 assigns a low default submit priority. For higher
# prior jobs the priority can be increased at jobs submission
# time by uing "-p <higher_priority>". The value of
# <higher_priority> may not exeed 0 because priorities above
# this value can only be set by managers.
#
# Please notice that in GRD submission priorities have a
# different meaning.
#
# -p -100
#
-q dummy

But when I use qsub, with a valid queue, it is not overriding it...

$ qsub -q all.q /home/sgetest/sge60/examples/jobs/simple.sh
Unable to run job: Job was rejected because job requests unknown queue
"dummy".
Exiting.

i.e. it tried to put to the "dummy" queue (which does not exist) rather
than all.q which does..

Have I missed something ?

Best regards

/colin