[GE users] sgeexecd do not start on linux at boot time

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Jun 6 13:01:39 BST 2007

Hi,

your issue is most likely solved with 6.0u10:

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/60patches.txt

IZ   CR      Synopsis
2172 6517015 execution daemon can crash on Linux where libnss_ldap.so uses BDB 4.2 shared library

An alternative which used to work was to start the execd at boot time much
later.

FYI, around the end of this months we plan to release SGE 6.0u11.

Andy