[GE users] Recommendation for Web-based interface

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed Jun 6 16:21:48 BST 2007

I'm building an application that allows a user to enter in some data on a
html form and have the form submit the data to a script on the server.  The
server takes that data and runs a series of jobs on our cluster based on the
data.  These jobs can take anywhere between 24-48 hours to complete.

What I would like to do is have a program that will run after all the other
jobs have completed, and takes the output of the jobs and emails the results
back to the user or emails them a link to view the results online.

I'm sure a system like this has been implemented many times before (BLAST
comes to mind).  Before I start putting something together myself, I wanted
to know what other people are using and recommend.

We are using RedHat Linux on our cluster btw.

Ryan