[GE users] sgeexecd do not start on linux at boot time

Velasco Herve-O0204C O0204C at motorola.com
Thu Jun 7 15:28:53 BST 2007

Thanks

For your help

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Schwierskott [mailto:andy.schwierskott at sun.com]
Sent: mercredi 6 juin 2007 14:02
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] sgeexecd do not start on linux at boot time

Hi,

your issue is most likely solved with 6.0u10:

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/60patches.txt

IZ   CR      Synopsis
---------------------------
2172 6517015 execution daemon can crash on Linux where libnss_ldap.so
uses BDB 4.2 shared library

An alternative which used to work was to start the execd at boot time
much later.

FYI, around the end of this months we plan to release SGE 6.0u11.

Andy

> Hello all,
>
> I am using SGE6.0U6 with LDAP environment (sgeadmin account & SGE
> services=>sge_commd,sge_qmaster,sge_execd)
>
> My linuxes (RHEL 3.0 Update8) exec hosts failed to launch sgeexecd at
> boot time when using their initscript.
>
> But after waiting about 5 minutes, when starting the init script
> again, it's working.
>
> I let you see an extract of the 'snoop -vvv ExecHost1' command from my

> LDAP server:
> root at LDAPSERVER> grep sge sgeexecdScript*
>
> sgeexecdScriptFailed:LDAP:                      sge_qmaster
> sgeexecdScriptFailed:LDAP:              cn=sge_qmaster +
ipServiceProtoc
> sgeexecdScriptFailed:LDAP:                          sge_qmaster
> sgeexecdScriptFailed:LDAP:                      sge_execd
> sgeexecdScriptFailed:LDAP:              cn=sge_execd +
ipServiceProtocol

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net