[GE users] Exception: More than 1024 attribute values were received

Thu Jun 7 18:38:23 BST 2007

OK.  Found and confirmed.  The limit is fixed in the 1.0 DRMAA C
binding, which first appears in 6.0u10.  With 6.0u10, you'll have to
change the default C binding from 0.95 to 1.0.  With 6.1, 1.0 is the
default.  Yes, even if you're using the Java binding, you have to worry
about the C binding.  The Java language binding is just a thin wrapper
around the C binding.

While the limit was not prescribed by the DRMAA spec, it was a direct
result of the restrictions on the string iterators in the 0.95 C binding
spec.  After we added the ability to ask an iterator how many items were
in its list in the 1.0 spec, I was able to remove the limit.

For more info, see:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/good_drmaa_news

Daniel