[GE users] Consumable complex not being consumed?

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Jun 8 15:25:16 BST 2007

I setup some consumable complexes for licenses but they aren't getting decremented when a job requests a "license".

# qconf -sc | grep license
#name               shortcut   type        relop requestable consumable default  urgency
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
license_mayaC       l_mC       INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0
license_mayaT       l_mT       INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0
license_mayaU       l_mU       INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0

# qconf -se global | grep license
license_mayaC=0,license_mayaT=5,license_mayaU=5

If I submit a job using:
  qrsh -V -now n -q qapp.q -l hostname=$HOSTNAME,license_mayaT=5 -b y glxgears

Checking with "qconf -se" I still have license_mayaT=5 afterwards. It's not being "consumed". Have I missed a config option somewhere? If I request license_mayaT=6 the job doesn't run because I haven't got enough licenses which suggests SGE is recognising the complex just not consuming it while the job is running. I am using SGE 6.1 on a mix of x86 and x86_64 servers/clients. This used to work for me last time I installed and configured SGE - have I found a bug?

Regards,

Daire