[GE users] obs can not run because queue instance is not contained in its hard queue list

Sun Jun 10 06:41:21 BST 2007

In general, the cause for this "error" is that the requested queue
(x86_64.q in this case) is full or disabled.  If the requested queue is
unavailable, the job can't be scheduled.  By requesting a queue, you're
not giving the scheduler a choice.

Looking back to your last message, I really get the feeling that having
a separate queue for 64-bit apps might not be the best way to achieve
your objective.  Problem is, I'm not entirely clear on what your
objective is.  Give us a few more details, and we should be able to help
you get this sorted out.

To get this rolling, it sounds so far to me like what you want is to be
able to submit 64-bit jobs that are forced to run is a "64-bit queue,"
32-bit apps that should run in a "32-bit queue" but that can be
scheduled in a "64-bit queue" if necessary, and "don't care" jobs that
should run in a "64-bit queue" but that can run in a "32-bit queue" if
necessary.  Am I on the right track?

Daniel