[GE users] Consumable complex not being consumed?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Jun 11 13:23:52 BST 2007


Daire,

I can confirm was Reuti was saying. After submitting the job

   qsub -hard -l license_mayaU=1 ....

everything works as expected. I had the counters set to 0 first, submitted
the jobs and then increased the counter of one attribute to 10 in the global
host config.

I tried it with 6.0u10.

Andy

> Reuti,
>
> Well I've tried deleting the complexes and recreating them but still no joy. Here's the commands used to create the complexes:
>
> qconf -mc (then add the following)
> license_mayaC       l_mC       INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0
> license_mayaT       l_mT       INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0
> license_mayaU       l_mU       INT         <=    YES         YES        0        0
>
> qconf -mattr exechost complex_values license_mayaC=0,license_mayaT=0,license_mayaU=0 global
>
> Then I give one of the licenses some value and submit a job with "-hard -l license_mayaU" (say) and I see that the total count is unchanged while the job runs or quits. Perhaps I can turn up the debugging to see where things are failing? There is nothing of interest in any of the "messages" files as far as I can make out.
>
> I haven't found anything else wrong with installation - just consumables for now. I've not had this issue before so I'm not ruling out a bad install on my part. Any more info I can give?
>
> Regards,
>
> Daire
>
> ----- "Reuti" <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>> Am 08.06.2007 um 17:09 schrieb Daire Byrne:
>>
>>> Reuti,
>>>
>>>> what is:
>>>>
>>>> qhost -F license_mayaT
>>>>
>>>> showing?
>>>
>>> Typical output is:
>>>
>>> HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE
>>> SWAPTO  SWAPUS
>>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>> ---------
>>> global                  -               -     -       -
>>> -       -       -
>>>     Host Resource(s):      gc:license_mayaT=5.000000
>>> lust1b.prod.local       lx24-amd64      2  0.24    5.8G    2.2G
>>
>>> 2.0G    8.0K
>>>     Host Resource(s):      gc:license_mayaT=5.000000
>>>
>>> etc. for all hosts. It definitely there as asking for 6 licenses
>>> blocks the job from running. But once it does run the value remains
>>
>>> the same. Maybe I should just try recreating the complex?
>>
>> I don't see this, for me it's perfectly working - even if I create a
>>
>> complex with name license_mayaT (also SGE 6.1). - Reuti
>>
>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Daire
>>>
>>>
>>> ----- "Reuti" <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Am 08.06.2007 um 16:25 schrieb Daire Byrne:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I setup some consumable complexes for licenses but they aren't
>>>>> getting decremented when a job requests a "license".
>>>>>
>>>>> # qconf -sc | grep license
>>>>> #name               shortcut   type        relop requestable
>>>>> consumable default  urgency
>>>>>
>>>>
>> #--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>>> -
>>>>
>>>>> --------------------
>>>>> license_mayaC       l_mC       INT         <=    YES
>>>>> YES        0        0
>>>>> license_mayaT       l_mT       INT         <=    YES
>>>>> YES        0        0
>>>>> license_mayaU       l_mU       INT         <=    YES
>>>>> YES        0        0
>>>>>
>>>>> # qconf -se global | grep license
>>>>> license_mayaC=0,license_mayaT=5,license_mayaU=5
>>>>>
>>>>> If I submit a job using:
>>>>>   qrsh -V -now n -q qapp.q -l hostname=$HOSTNAME,license_mayaT=5
>> -b
>>>>
>>>>> y glxgears
>>>>>
>>>>> Checking with "qconf -se" I still have license_mayaT=5
>> afterwards.
>>>>
>>>>> It's not being "consumed". Have I missed a config option
>> somewhere?
>>>>
>>>>> If I request license_mayaT=6 the job doesn't run because I
>> haven't
>>>>
>>>>> got enough licenses which suggests SGE is recognising the complex
>>>>> just not consuming it while the job is running. I am using SGE
>> 6.1
>>>>
>>>>> on a mix of x86 and x86_64 servers/clients. This used to work for
>>>>> me last time I installed and configured SGE - have I found a bug?
>>>>
>>>> what is:
>>>>
>>>> qhost -F license_mayaT
>>>>
>>>> showing?
>>>>
>>>> -- Reuti
>>>>
>>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>>
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list