[GE users] Consumable complex not being consumed?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Jun 11 17:25:18 BST 2007

Daire,

> Andy,
>
> I am using SGE 6.1 on a mix of x86 and x86_64 servers/clients. Downloaded and installed last week.

I can confirm this is working my 6.1 cluster as well (even with your
original more complicated command line where the job requests 5 licenses).
Are there any errors in your qmaster/scheduler messages files?

I think I don't quite understand what you were saying here:

--------------------------
Typical output is:

HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO  SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -       -       -
     Host Resource(s):      gc:license_mayaT=5.000000
lust1b.prod.local       lx24-amd64      2  0.24    5.8G    2.2G    2.0G 8.0K
     Host Resource(s):      gc:license_mayaT=5.000000

etc. for all hosts. It definitely there as asking for 6 licenses blocks the
job from running. But once it does run the
value remains the same. Maybe I should just try recreating the complex?

What job is aksing for 6 licenses? Can you check with

    % qstat -r

what your running and pending jobs do request?

Andy