[GE users] qmon

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jun 13 09:11:01 BST 2007

Heba Farouk wrote:
> Hello there
>
> i got this err while trying to use qmon
>
> ----------------------
> qmon: error while loading shared libraries:
> libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> ----------------------

libXm is a Motif library.
You don't say which operating system you are using.
On Linux, check that you have OpenMotif installed (there is an
alternative called LessTif but I would say openMotif is preferred).

Look for any libXM.so files - you may well have a libXm.so.2 file
Use 'locate libXm' to do this (the locate command is provided by the
findutils-locate package)

If you DO have a libXm.so.2 file you should be able to get away with
ln -s libXm.so.2 libXm.so.3

I remember having to do something similar in the past.
This question might indicate that you are using a rather out of date
Linux distribution (assuming Linux of course).