[GE users] qmon

Alain Péan alain.pean at cetp.ipsl.fr
Wed Jun 13 09:32:05 BST 2007

I had this problem on my computer, with the last Ubuntu. I just
installed version 3 of libmotif, that I found in Synaptic. I just
verified, it is called libmotif3 on Ubuntu... I think libmotif3 is
outdated for newest linux releases...

Alain

John Hearns a écrit :

> Heba Farouk wrote:
>
>> Hello there
>>
>> i got this err while trying to use qmon
>>
>> ----------------------
>> qmon: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
>> file or directory
>> ----------------------
>>

> libXm is a Motif library.
> You don't say which operating system you are using.
> On Linux, check that you have OpenMotif installed (there is an
> alternative called LessTif but I would say openMotif is preferred).
>
> Look for any libXM.so files - you may well have a libXm.so.2 file
> Use 'locate libXm' to do this (the locate command is provided by the
> findutils-locate package)
>
> If you DO have a libXm.so.2 file you should be able to get away with
> ln -s libXm.so.2 libXm.so.3
>
> I remember having to do something similar in the past.
> This question might indicate that you are using a rather out of date
> Linux distribution (assuming Linux of course).

Alain Péan - CETP/CNRS
Centre d'etude des Environnements Terrestre et Planetaires
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33