[GE users] Qrsh and PATH variable

Thierry Darnige darnige at ccr.jussieu.fr
Wed Jun 13 13:37:44 BST 2007

Hello,

I'm using sge6 on netbsd and experiments some problems with the qrsh command
(redirected to ssh) and the PATH variable :

I just want to be able to issue a command like "qrsh matlab" on any node
(the used PATH is then the node environment variable grabbed from /etc/login
conf) and avoid to give the absolute path for matlab.

SGE seems to overload the node PATH with a default (what I've confirmed with
a quick look to the code). Nevertheless, the user can specify his own PATH
through a "-V" option in the qrsh command but it's longer to type than using
the absolute path.

Do you know a more "userfriendly" way to do that ? I'm sure I'm missing
something ...

Thank you

    [ Part 2, Image/JPEG (Name: "endless_sky2.jpg") 5.3 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3, Image/GIF (Name: "imstp_pets_cat1_fr.gif") 38 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]