[GE users] Réf. : Re: [GE users] Qrsh and PATH variable

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Jun 13 14:39:46 BST 2007

Thierry,

ok, I understand.

What your users could do: Usually .cshrc is sourced (for (t)csh users) - the PATH could be set there.
I'm not sure about sh/bash/ksh if they source .profile.

To avoid recursive setting of $PATH this code snippet could be added by the
users to .cshrc

if ($?JOB_ID == 1 && $?path_set == 0) then
    setenv PATH <matlab_path>:$PATH
    setenv path_set
endif

As admin you can do the following: A prolog script is configured to run as
admin user (or root). It modifies the file $SGE_JOB_SPOOL_DIR/environment
and sets PATH to the correct value.

Andy