[GE users] DB_NOSERVER: Fatal error, no RPC server

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 13 15:48:17 BST 2007

Heba,

I was telling you something wrong, I do not mean the RPC service fpr
portmapping, I meant the RPC BerkeleyDB Service.
I this running? Maybe it crashed!

Generally there is no problem using the BerkeleyDB RPC Server on NFS
file systems (your spooling dir seems to be).

Which version of BDB do you use and did you compile it on your own.
Currently we're recommending to use BDB 4.4.20 with SGE 6.1
Or is it possible that sc003 is resolved with different hostnames? On
one host short on the other with fqdn?

Regards,
Marco

mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com