[GE users] Qrsh and PATH variable

Wed Jun 13 18:13:05 BST 2007

Also, keep in mind that by default, the base environment for a job is
the environment of the user that started the execution daemon.  It gets
overridden, of course, by some Grid Engine environment settings, the
contents of the users profile, and any job-specific environment
settings, such as those from using -v as Andy described.  To start with
a completely blank environment, set INHERIT_ENV to FALSE in the
execd_params.

Daniel

Andy Schwierskott wrote:
> Thierry,
>
> if the current PATH should be exported you'd just type in
>
>    qrsh -v PATH
>
> to be verified by:
>
>     qrsh '/bin/echo $PATH'
>     qrsh -v PATH '/bin/echo $PATH'
>
> Andy
>

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Thierry Darnige wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using sge6 on netbsd and experiments some problems with the qrsh
>> command
>> (redirected to ssh) and the PATH variable :
>>
>> I just want to be able to issue a command like "qrsh matlab" on any node
>> (the used PATH is then the node environment variable grabbed from
>> /etc/login
>> conf) and avoid to give the absolute path for matlab.
>>
>> SGE seems to overload the node PATH with a default (what I've
>> confirmed with
>> a quick look to the code). Nevertheless, the user can specify his own
>> PATH
>> through a "-V" option in the qrsh command but it's longer to type
>> than using
>> the absolute path.
>>
>> Do you know a more "userfriendly" way to do that ? I'm sure I'm missing
>> something ...
>>
>> Thank you

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]