[GE users] bug? with -o /nfs/path

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 00:32:59 BST 2007

Indeed.

The shepherd is doing very similar to what you described below. In
source file daemons/shepherd/builtin_starter.c, function build_path():

   /* Try to get information about 'base' */
   if( SGE_STAT(base, &statbuf)) {
      /* An error occured */
      if (errno != ENOENT) {

      }
      return base; /* does not exist - must be path of file to be created */
   }

I don't have a really busy NFS environment to test the errno value for
NFS read (is it really ENOENT??), but I assume if we know the value,
we can easily add a retry loop in the code above.

Since you know C, can you use try adding debug fprintf()s to the code
above -- but redirect the fprintf output to a file since there is no
stdout/stderr for daemon processes.

Rayson