[GE users] Réf. : Re: [GE users] Qrsh and PATH variable

Thu Jun 14 17:51:30 BST 2007

Thierry,

You're correct.  I forgot about PATH and LOGNAME being explicitly
overridden.  Before we start changing source code, though, I still think
there's a simpler answer.

Let's go back to login.conf for a second.  Forgive my Solaris-only
ignorance, but what shell sources /etc/login.conf?  I see that tcsh
looks at /etc/.login and /etc/csh.login, but I can't find any mention in
the Solaris sh, csh, tcsh, bash, ksh, or zsh man pages of
/etc/login.conf.  How is it that /etc/login.conf is being sourced into
your shell's environment normally?

Daniel