[GE users] queue_conf, exclude host group from hostlist?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Jun 16 18:15:26 BST 2007

Hi,

Am 16.06.2007 um 18:58 schrieb Molumuri, Janardhan:

> Is there any way to add/remove more than one host to/from hostgroup
> using "qconf -{a,d}attr" command.?
> I've looked at -Aattr with file name option but that doesn't looks
> like
> a clean solution to me, as I've to build the hostgroup configuration
> file every time with existing contents and any changes.
>
> I tried sepearating the hosts with "," and white spaces but it didn't
> work.

as it's possible to specify more than one element for list entries
e.g. for a queue configuration this way, it looks to me like a bug
not to honor the "," as an entry separator. For a queue it's working
to add/remove more than one host at a time by using a ",".

But you can use:

$ qconf -aattr hostgroup hostlist "node01 node02" @mygroup

-- Reuti

PS: Is the bug now a) that a "," is honored when changing a queue
this way, or b) that a "," is not honored when changing a hostgroup?