[GE users] qsh and OS X

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jun 18 16:02:40 BST 2007

Am 18.06.2007 um 16:15 schrieb Jerry Mersel:

> I'm trying to run a interactive X job. The display is on a OS X
> machine.
>
> I ran xhost + , and "qsh -display " but I can't seem to run X jobs
> from
> the nodes on OS X.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction.

X11 is running on the Mac?
The firewall on the Mac allows connections?
There is a direct network connections between the Mac and the node,
i.e. the nodes are not on a private (hidden) network?

Another option might be to start just a qrsh session with a setup to
use "ssh -Y" for the connection, and then start xterm there. Using
"xhost +" is unsafe.