[GE users] Cross referencing a grid ID and process ID

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Tue Jun 19 13:56:43 BST 2007

Hello,

Many thanks for reading my email.

A normal suspend method is sigstop, and resume is sigcont.

My reading therefore is that we can have a script here - is that correct
? If so, would the script run on the exec machine(or the grid master)?
If the script that I am writing could be added here?

Scenario therefore becomes : grid-"suspend" a job - runs this script
which identifies the pid on the execution machine (child of the
sge_shephard) which is the id in the flexlm licence entry that can be
"lmremoved"

The grid job 123456 creates the shepherd pid 18440

sgeadm   18440 10645  0 12:23 ?        00:00:00 sge_shepherd-123456 -bg

and child of pid 18400 is 18844, which is found in the flexlm lmstat
data, so I can "lmremove" 18844, knowing that it is the correct one.

i.e.

lmremove -c <portID>@<licenseServer> token_a <user> mymachine
mymachine_18844:0

All slowly making sense..