[GE users] qsh and OS X

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jun 19 14:51:35 BST 2007

Jerry:

Am 19.06.2007 um 13:56 schrieb Jerry Mersel:

>  If I use ssh without -Y, and set the display then it doesn't work.
>  The user said that the firewall is turned off. Although I didn't
> check it myself.

so it seems not to be a SGE problem, but something in the cluster
setup. Usually X11 uses ports 6000+, hence the head node must forward
all this to the correct machine. To me this looks a little bit tricky
with NAT - I must admit I never tried it.

I would try to setup SGE to use ssh for qrsh (instead of rsh) and
start a xterm session as its argument.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html

-- Reuti