[GE users] sge master dying

Thu Jun 21 16:13:34 BST 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Iwona Sakrejda wrote:

> Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM wrote:
> Note, there is a certain chance hostname resolution problem with one of the
> hostnames in your host groups is causing the crash.
>
> I checked and all the hostnames are in /etc/hosts with correct ip addresses
> that should be good enough, right?

Should be ... actually to be entirely sure you pass each hostname to

    $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/<arch>/gethostbyname

as to check whether C library call gethostbyname() can also cope with them. If
that works fine, we can be sure it is not so trivial ...

Actually I'm curious to see the host group before the 'qconf -mhgrp' change
and the new host group configuration. I guess you are using that host group in
a cluster queue configuration.

Regards,
Andreas