[GE users] SGE & mvapich2 integration

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jun 22 13:08:41 BST 2007

Am 22.06.2007 um 13:01 schrieb Hugo Darío Barrera:

> I'm trying to get SGE & mvapich2 to get to work but although I read
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-
> integration.html
> I can't figure out yet how the nodes will be booted using
> mpdboot.
> Do I need to execute mpdboot in the script I'll send to sge?
> some kind of:
> ---------
> test at infi$ cat scrpit
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # pe request
> #$ -pe testqueue 2
>
> mpdboot -n 2 --ncpus=2 -r ssh -f machineworld
> mpdtrace
>
> /opt/intel/mpi/bin/mpiexec -n 4 -env I_MPI_DEBUG=2
> I_MPI_DEVICE=rdma /home/test/dlpoly_test/execute/DLPOLY.X
>
> mpdallexit

Infiniband support isn't covered in this Howto at all, as of time of
writing I had no access to an Infiniband cluster. I could look into
it, but anyway: the mpd-startup method isn't supported with SGE at
all as outlined in the Howto. Please use to the smpd-startup method,
either daemon-based or only with rsh.